MINDFUL of Article 5 of the ECOWAS Treaty establishing the Authority of Heads of State and Government and defining its composition and functions ;
- The level of participation by nationals of Member States in the equity capital of industrial enterprises as well as the corresponding periods of implementation are hereby fixed as indicated below :
- 28 May 1981 20%
- 28 May 1983 35%
- 28 May 1989 51%
- The list of enterprises, fulfilling the conditions fixed in Article 1.1 above shall be drawn up and sent to the Executive Secretariat by the competent authority responsible for industrial affairs in each Member State on the basis of a dossier presented by the enterprises concerned and containing the following information :
- identity of the industrial enterprise, legal status, headquarters ;
- nature of activity ;
- Equity capital and its ownership structure :
- percentage held by the Member State
- percentage held by nationals of the Member State
- percentage held by nationals of other Member States
- percentage held by foreigners.
The Executive Secretariat shall give to each enterprise concerned an Authorisation Number that shall necessarily be quoted on the ECOWAS Certificate of Origin, and shall inform Member States accordingly.
Paragraph 2 of Article II of the Protocol relating to the definition of originating products shall be consequently modified.
The present Decision shall come into force upon signature and shall be published in the Official Journal of the Community and in the National Gazette of each Member State.
DONE AT LOME THIS 28TH DAY OF MAY 1980 IN ONE SINGLE ORIGINAL IN THE ENGLISH AND FRENCH LANGUAGES BOTH TEXTS BEING EQUALLY AUTHENTIC.